--- Making Sweatshirts and Sweatpants Chic: Blogging Inspirations ---Normally, I would give an introduction to the topic and then move on to the pictures and the inspirations. This time, though... I'm going straight to blogging inspirations since this is more a commentary piece rather than a detailed post about something. Visit any or all of the blog posts I found for demonstrations on how certain frumpy fashion pieces are given chic appeal. If you use Blogger/Blogspot, just about all of these are Blogspot blogs, so feel free to Follow any blog that you see here that you may like. Always remember that in addition to trying to discuss fashion, I also try to link fashion lovers (like yourself) with other bloggers worldwide. So please take a look around.
Making Frumpy Chic: Blogging Inspirations.Usually, the first person to come to mind with trying to make frumpy chic is the beautiful Karla Deras of the very popular blog, "KARLA'S CLOSET." Karla is a magician at trying to come up with such unique looks based on boyish and frumpy fashion pieces- including sweatshirts and sweatpants. So she will be the first blogger I will make mention to among the inspirations. If you want to know the criteria I will use in picking out certain blog posts, please take a look at the criteria for inclusion. Each of the posts I selected are based on this criteria regarding frumpy chic.
CRITERIA FOR INCLUSION:
• outfits with a sweatshirt, but with chic fashion pieces
• outfits with sweatpants, but with chic fashion pieces
• any sort of frumpy look dressed up or chic
(Some bloggers may be featured more than once)
• "Swoosh" (KARLA'S CLOSET) « a cropped(?) sweatshirt paired with a pencil skirt.
• "Go Bold, Go Casual" (Style Cassentials) « a leopard-print sweatshirt.
• "3.1 Phillip Lim for Target" (Camilascloset) « a very popular sweatshirt complimented with a skirt and pumps.
• "Kardashian Kollection Silk Jogger Pants" (Camilascloset) « sweatpants worn with a floral blazer and pumps.
• "Birdie Forever" () « an edgy outfit with a sweatshirt, denim shorts, tights, and lace-up boots.
• "head-to-toe black" (Bisous Natasha) « a very loose sweatshirt as part of an all-black outfit.
• "Roar" (Fashion) « a psychadelic colored sweatshirt featuring a tiger on it.
• "Chic Happens" (Lucky Loves) « a sweatshirt worn with boyfriend jeans and pumps.
• "The Moto look!" (Chamber of beauty....) « a sweatshirt paired with leather pants and lace-up booties.
• "2012.11.13 Tue." (xoxo HiLAMEE) « sweatshirt worn over a denim shirt.
• "Wardrobe Diaries: Weekend Sweat Suits" (camo meets couture) « sweatshirt and cropped sweatpants paired with pumps.
So you now have some blogging insight regarding making frumpy clothing chic. I am really sorry that I couldn't have found more sweatpants outfits to bring both items full circle.
--- Making Sweatshirts and Sweatpants Chic: Final Thoughts ---Should you try to make sweatshirts and/or sweatpants chic? With a lot of fashionistas, the ability to take something as frumpy as a sweatshirt or sweatpants and try to make them chic is worth some respect. There are those who will try to change perceptions on any number of things- including sweatshirts and sweatpants. The last sort of outfit I would envision would be pairing sweatshirts and/or sweatpants with anything other than athletic shoes. You would be surprised how many fashionable types try to make almost ANYTHING fashionable. Some try; some fail.
While I wouldn't recommend trying to make sweatshirts and/or sweatshirts chic, I don't entirely hate the attempts to wear such comfy garments and trying to make them chic. This, more than anything, speaks to the volume of trying to style and pull off certain great looks based on some items not always meant to be paired together to make fashionable outfits. It also speaks to the amount of creativity and confidence to look great even in the frumpiest of garments. This alone deserves respect whether you approve or disapprove of making sweatshirts and/or sweatpants chic.
What do you think about making sweatshirts and/or sweatpants chic? What do you think about attemps to make either fashionable? Feel free to share your thoughts by posting comments here. Just remember- spam and other nonsense will immediately be shot down. I want comments for my posts; not spam or anything like that. Thank you for reading!