NOTE: Some things mentioned in this blog may appear again in a future post on StyleSpace.
--- Neon at a Glance ---Such bright colors are not only exclusive to females and feminine fashion. In fact, there are some males that even wear some neon- like neon active sneakers. The one criticism about neon is that some people feel such bright colors make some people look like a highlighter. Personally, I think neon is best done in moderation. It is great to have neon colors for color blocking. Don't wear too many neon-adorned pieces at once.
--- Neon in Pictures ---How bold can neon be? Take some inspiration from these items:
^ from: www.amazon.com - A bold statement for your feet can be made with neon shoes.
^ from: www.amazon.com - Lately, neon active shoes have trended.
^ from: www.shopbop.com - A serious pop of color can be had with neon garments. This neon mini dress, for example, is sure to turn heads.
^ from: www.neimanmarcus.com - Color blocking with neon can be powerful. Here is a dress with neon color blocking.
Up next are [many] bloggers that showcase their neon style.
--- Neon Blogging Inspirations ---Visit these blogs to get some neon inspiration from these bloggers (and follow their blog(s) if you enjoy their work):
• "Clashing Colors" (Burst of Color) « neon laceless sneakers.
• "Neon Toes" (The Belated Bloomer) « ballet flats with neon toes.
• "FUSHIA LOVE - Plus Size Boutique Review (NEON FRENZY)" (Style 4 Curves) « skirt with neon accents along with a neon handbag.
• "Stripes and Neon" (Curves Ahead) « neon belt with neon platform pumps.
• "NEON SHORTS - Available at www.hauteandrebellious.com" (HAUTE AND REBELLIOUS) « high-waist neon shorts with sailor button detail.
• "Striped Knot Pumps a& Neon Azalea Bell Skirt" (Stylish Petite) « neon skirt.
• "new look: '60's don't mind the Chocolate!'" (Glam & Fab Chameleon) « neon bangles to accompany a dress outfit.
• "neon tribal" (.a little princess.) « cropped neon sweater.
• "Beautiful in my Eyes" (Veil of Illusions) « neon handbag and neon lipstick.
• "California Girl." (tiny sailor) « neon sneakers.
• "Black and Neon" (Always Maylee) « neon accessories and a neon belt.
• "neon colorblock" (Curvy Girl Chic) « neon maxi skirt.
• "HIGHLIGHTER!" (Nany's Klozet) « neon skirt.
• "Neon Lover at Hermitage" (Miss Kwong) « neon top.
• "Outfit Outtake" (IsabelleOC) « neon skirt with matching neon trainer sneakers (not a Blogger/Blogspot blog).
Finally, here is a blogger whom I will mention for the first time ever on StyleSpace:
• "Cross-Training" (the Man Repeller) « neon trainer shoes.
Yes. I actually debuted mentioning of the Man Repeller.
--- Neon: Final Thoughts ---If you want to make a statement by showing a pop of color, say it with neon. Just be careful to use neon wisely. Be bold with color, and don't fear looking like a highlighter. The right amount of neon can deliver quite a punch of style. So go ahead and rock neon if you're good at it.
I hope you've enjoyed this blog post. I will be looking to make more posts on many more different fashion and fashion-themed topics. What will I discuss next? You'll have to subscribe and/or follow to find out! Since this is New Year's Eve 2012 as of this post, I hope all of you have a happy and safe 2013! Thank you for reading!
|"Like" me on Facebook, Follow StyleSpace, and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!|
|Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS)||Subscribe to John's Shop Space (JSS)||Subscribe to John's Gran Turismo Space (JGTS)||Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)|