Featured Posts



Pronouncing Designers and Labels

How well can you pronounce designers and labels? If you are not as adept at pronouncing certain designers, this is a unique blog post to help you out a bit. This blog post is a unique one to help you pronounce the names of certain designers. If you are at least going to be involved in any kind of fashion discussion, at least learn to pronounce some designers properly. So therefore, you will not feel silly not being able to pronounce certain designers or labels. You're welcome, world!

Welcome to "StyleSpace by JBM!" This is my non-traditional fashion blog where every topic is somehow fashion-related. Part of what makes this blog non-traditional is because of posts like this one you are about to read.






Pronouncing Designers and Labels


When introduced to foreign names and expressions, one has to learn how to properly pronounce something, let alone just spelling it out. Even I admit I am not as adept pronouncing various designers and labels. For example, I didn't learn to properly pronounce "Yves Saint Laurent" until I saw an episode of "Ugly Betty." So I prepared this blog post to provide some videos where you can see and hear certain names being pronounced properly. If you do know how to pronounce certain designers and labels, consider this blog post a quiz or a test. I tried to find the best possible videos with about the most accurate pronunciations.

NOTE: Some or all of these may or may not be the proper pronunciations of such names. This post, like any of my others, was not meant to be anything comprehensive or complete. Simply take in these videos for your enjoyment.


Time to make you the smartest person around in fashion discussions! Take a look at the following videos and get a little education on pronouncing certain designers and labels. Enjoy!

• From i-D:

^ How To Pronounce The Hardest Names In Fashion


• From MAXMAYO.com
Each entry is pronounced twice. Some of these names I've never heard of before...


^ How to Pronounce Fashion Brands & Names


^ How to Pronounce Fashion Brands & Names (Part 2)


Hopefully, these will help you pronounce some of these labels and designers properly. There are MANY other designers with certain names that may be difficult to pronounce properly, but these are at least among the more popular designers and labels featured here.





That's all for this one.

What are there any designers or labels you struggle pronouncing correctly, or fear you may be pronouncing wrong?

Be sure to Subscribe and Follow this blog (and my others) to keep up with my latest posts. Until next time, Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow StyleSpace by JBM, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this blog post, why not SHARE my post with others? Here's how:
author

About the Author: John B. Marine

My name is John Marine. Nice to meet you! I am a blogger born and raised in Houston, Texas, USA. Besides blogging, I make digital art, sometimes make music, and I sometimes even do a little programming. The mantra for my online work is "anything and everything." In other words, my topics and my commentary regards almost anything and everything that crosses my mind while still remaining relevant to the topic(s) at hand. Equally as important to me as publishing content for the Internet is in providing a positive space for discussion. Even with the most difficult topics, I try to avoid spewing negativity and hate online- there is already enough negativity in this world to begin with, so why contribute to more negativity? If you enjoyed this blog post or any of my other online work, please feel free to Follow my material so you keep up with the latest material of mine and so that you help support my work any way you can. Having said this, thank you for reading! Get social with me by visiting the different social profiles of mine online.

My blogs: John's Blog Space|John's Creative Space|John's Race Space|StyleSpace by JBM

Questions? Comments? If so, contact me!

www.CodeNirvana.in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All images from Google Image searches unless otherwise noted. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Total Pageviews

Copyright © StyleSpace, by John B. Marine | Designed By Code Nirvana