Featured Posts



Two-Piece Dresses

The two-piece dress is popular. Basically, this is like a cheap way of labeling a top with a matching skirt. I think a true "two-piece dress" would be if the dress is convertible from dress to top and skirt. To me, a true "two-piece dress" would be one can be worn as a dress or detached to separates. So what does a two-piece dress look like? Here is an example:

two-piece dress
^ from: www.lulus.com - "Two-piece dress... or a matching top and skirt?


How we throw around terms can lead to confusion or simply not getting it. For example, as a car lover, I am used to terms like a "four-door coupe." And four door coupes are more like sedans... only that they don't want you to call it a sedan (which is a four-door car). Same confusing terminology applies to labeling things like the two-piece dress. Designers don't want you to call these as matching skirt sets, so enter the "two-piece dress." True dresses are one-piece skirts. They have a top and a skirt mated together. Even if one little thread holds the top and skirt parts together, it is still technically a dress. To extend the example further, I've seen pants that can be converted to shorts by removing two parts of the pants. That's convertible. That is what I would consider two-piece pants. I've even seen blog posts and outfits where two similar-looking separates are put together and match perfectly. And in the case of a dress-like outfit, that would be like pairing a bodysuit with a matching skirt. But is it a true dress? No- it is a nicely-matching skirt outfit at best.

Don't get me wrong in all of this- I don't hate these top and skirt combinations. I just find the "two-piece dress" term silly. Don't call these truly as dresses or as two-piece dresses unless the top and skirt parts can be detached. At best, these two-piece dresses are merely stylish, matching top and skirt sets. For the price of one, a "two-piece dress" offers you a stylish top and a stylish skirt. But please- these are NOT true dresses! Make dresses that can be converted to skirts, dresses that could be worn as skirts, or dresses that can have the top and skirt detached- THEN call them two-piece dresses. Get over the cute terminology- these are tops and skirts, NOT true dresses.

But again... that is just my commentary.






Two-Piece Dresses Online


If you thought I was being harsh on these garments, my only gripe concerned simply calling these as "two-piece dresses." They aren't true dresses as I see dresses. Not once have I hated the style of these outfits all post long. Maybe you want your own two-piece dress. If you are one of those or wanting to buy one for someone else, let me help you while you're still here. So use these items to find relevant material. Your participation is voluntary, but appreciated if you do business here.

Shopstyle.

Different budgets, different styles. Come get your fix of style here!





Amazon.





That's all!





Thanks for visiting "StyleSpace by JBM!" Let me know what you think:

Is there a such thing as a "two-piece dress" to you?

Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow StyleSpace by JBM, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this blog post, why not SHARE my post with others? Here's how:
author

About the Author: John B. Marine

My name is John Marine. Nice to meet you! I am a blogger born and raised in Houston, Texas, USA. Besides blogging, I make digital art, sometimes make music, and I sometimes even do a little programming. The mantra for my online work is "anything and everything." In other words, my topics and my commentary regards almost anything and everything that crosses my mind while still remaining relevant to the topic(s) at hand. Equally as important to me as publishing content for the Internet is in providing a positive space for discussion. Even with the most difficult topics, I try to avoid spewing negativity and hate online- there is already enough negativity in this world to begin with, so why contribute to more negativity? If you enjoyed this blog post or any of my other online work, please feel free to Follow my material so you keep up with the latest material of mine and so that you help support my work any way you can. Having said this, thank you for reading! Get social with me by visiting the different social profiles of mine online.

My blogs: John's Blog Space|John's Creative Space|John's Race Space|StyleSpace by JBM

Questions? Comments? If so, contact me!

www.CodeNirvana.in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All images from Google Image searches unless otherwise noted. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Total Pageviews

Copyright © StyleSpace, by John B. Marine | Designed By Code Nirvana